Skip to content

Detail block filter

Forums Forums Superbase NG Personal Detail block filter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jaszczak
    Participant

Here is something for the long term wish list in Personal. Sometimes it is helpful, after examining the entries in a detail block, to be able to filter those entries and show only a subset of items in the detail block. Superbase had this capability.

For example, on a form with a detail block that shows all table entries with a record City = Columbus, we may wish to filter the table so that the detail block subsequently only shows records that also have State = Ohio,
    since there are many states with a City = Columbus.

Michael
    Keymaster

Interesting idea. I am not convinced about doing it the way Superbase did, however. It may be worth think about a whole different type of view element that allows this and other types of manipulation. Definitely worth brainstorming about here on the forum though.

JD Kromkowski
    Participant

Sort of related. I’d like

1) to change sort order on detail block on fly – I know I wrote code in SB to do this but can’t find where and obviously needs to be done slightly differently in SIMPOL. Any code out there?

2) Searching through detailblocks, like the filtergui. In SB, I’d do the search and then load a dialog with list to choose from basically what the filtergui does but only applied to the currently linked detailblock data. Before I go do a rabbit hole – what has been the consensus or thoughts on how best to do this.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi John,

It should be possible to change the detail block sort order and then call a method to repopulate the detail block. I will have a look at what that involves.

As for the searching concept, it is completely possible to create a form with an unlinked detail block and then populate that using a filter. This could then be shown in a dialog for example.

Ciao, Neil

jaszczak
    Participant

Might you include a example form with an unlinked detail block in the next release of the Business project?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.