Skip to content

5-User LAN Licence

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    tjag
    Participant

I have three licences for Superbase Professional which have always worked well.
    In Nov 2018 I purchased a 5 User LAN licence in addition.
    The number worked when i used it.
    Now I am trying to use it again when installing Superbase Classic on a 4th computer, but I get a message telling me that the number is only good for one user.
    Can anyone help me with this?

Ian Macpherson
    Participant

Hello Tiag For me a 5 user LAN licence allows you to share the files on your main computer and then access them through a network link ( NETBIOS if I remember correctly from the old Superbase days ) …I moved from Superbase to Simpol in 2013 so I have forgotten most of it. From memory you have to install the RunTime system on your main computer and also on the network machines … set up your NETBIOS links and the network machines will access the files on the main machine. If I remember correctly you can install forms on the network machines but the program code comes from the main machine. So you should have a RunTime CD or floppy and a RunTime licence. Hope this helps. If you want to communicate directly you can email me on macpher*******@**ox.fr I am English but I live in France.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.