Skip to content

borders on control buttons

Forums Forums Superbase NG Personal borders on control buttons

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jaszczak
    Participant

After updating to Windows 10 I notice that the borders of control buttons are now unusually thick and I see no way to make them thin again. This seems to be true in running Personal and in my project. (I am running a demo version of NG on my home windows 10 machine.)

Michael
    Keymaster

SIMPOL inherits the Windows theme look and feel, so it may be that this is literally down to that. You might be able to adjust it by fiddling with the theme settings.

jaszczak
    Participant

I think something else is going on. If I execute the project through the IDE the buttons all look fine. However, they do not look right when I execute the program by running the .smp file. Please compare the proper appearance in the image at left with the undesirable look on the right.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Michael
    Keymaster

I did some testing and it appears that the system themes are not being applied to our wxWidgets components when run from the IDE, but they are being applied when they are run from our runtime system. You can easily test this. Bring up your program, then go to the Start menu, Settings->Personalization->Themes->Theme settings and then click on some of the different themes (easiest is to try the high contrast white). Don’t apply, just click on them and they will change (and so will the elements on the form).

jaszczak
    Participant

Thanks Neil. I suspect that this inconsistency isn’t what you’d like to see in the applications though.

The High Contrast (Black) theme makes the project look like we had originally designed it to look. Unfortunately much of the rest of my desktop is not as attractive as in the default theme, and Photoshop doesn’t show my images in the High Contrast theme. Switching themes back and forth doesn’t seem a very good option.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.