Skip to content

source data table paths for .sma programs

Forums Forums Superbase NG Personal source data table paths for .sma programs

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jaszczak
    Participant

After having done most of the building of the capabilities we needed for our main project I saved it all as a new project to modify for another application. During our consultations we had built a lot of .sxf forms and then .sma programs to do editing of data or adding data to detail blocks. These .sma programs were all stored in a different folder than bin. When I tried to edit the .sxf forms in my new application, I get an error that the data tables are missing so I have to open the form and modify it to re-add the data tables in the proper path to the bin folder, and then re-assign ALL of the controls to the proper fields in the tables. Should saving a project as a new project work this way?

Michael
    Keymaster

Interesting that you should mention that. I literally only this past week finished adding the functionality to the form open, print form open, and graphic report open code to allow you to go find the correct data source when it isn’t found. Normally, if the forms and the database files are in the same directory, when you open them it will just try the current directory and succeed. However, if you store the database files in a different folder to the application folder and have moved the forms to another machine in a new path, then it won’t be able to find them, that is what the new code is for.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Michael.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.