Skip to content

dataform1 & dialog behaviour

Forums Forums SIMPOL Programming dataform1 & dialog behaviour

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ian Macpherson
    Participant

Hello to all I have been battling with dataform1edittext ongot and/or onlostfocus functions that call the listpicker to allow the user to choose a record in another file to fill an edittext box in a form. The problem was that the dialog either sometimes wouldn’t validate the ok or cancel instruction & just stayed there or other times it would crop up a number of times or that a setfocus instruction after the listpicker was just ignored The solution is : or should I say <> If you put ongot and/or onlostfocus function calls & references to appw in your form preparation function then you should cancel them once you are inside the function concerned form.tbXXX.ongotfocus.function = .nul form.tbXXX.ongotfocus.reference= .nul You will find that setfocus or form.refresh() instructions after this will be accepted and followed as they should be. it would seem that the clearfocus=.true parameter in form.refresh() does nothing to eliminate the problem THE ONLY PROBLEM is that if you copy your smp compiled form into your RunTime folder & run the app in RunTime the dialogs will refuse to go away & the .nul programming seems to have no effect. Anybody been into this previously please ?? Ian Macpherson

Michael
    Keymaster

On 13/05/2013 17:37, Ian Macpherson wrote:
    > Hello to all
    > I have been battling with dataform1edittext ongot and/or onlostfocus
    > functions that call the listpicker to allow the user to choose a record in
    > another file to fill an edittext box in a form. The problem was that the
    > dialog either sometimes wouldn't validate the ok or cancel instruction &
    > just stayed there or other times it would crop up a number of times or
    > that a setfocus instruction after the listpicker was just ignored
    > The solution is : or should I say <<Seems to be>>
    > If you put ongot and/or onlostfocus function calls & references to appw in
    > your form preparation function then you should cancel them once you are
    > inside the function concerned
    > form.tbXXX.ongotfocus.function = .nul
    > form.tbXXX.ongotfocus.reference= .nul
    > You will find that setfocus or form.refresh() instructions after this will
    > be accepted and followed as they should be.
    > it would seem that the clearfocus=.true parameter in form.refresh() does
    > nothing to eliminate the problem
    > THE ONLY PROBLEM is that if you copy your smp compiled form into your
    > RunTime folder & run the app in RunTime the dialogs will refuse to go away
    > & the .nul programming seems to have no effect.
    > Anybody been into this previously please ??
    > Ian Macpherson
    >

As I mentioned in my recent email, it is easiest to try and understand the behavior if you can make some modifications to the
    AddressBook program and then send me just the changes. That way I don't need anything outside of what demonstrates the problem.

Ciao, Neil

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.