Skip to content

Reading the value of recid_ro_internal

Forums Forums SIMPOL Programming Reading the value of recid_ro_internal

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dan Jinks
    Participant

If I want to see the value of the unique record ID within a detail block, how can that be achieved?
    For detail blocks, I usually start with this statement:
    csrc =@ f.getfieldandtable(sFieldname, “NOTESUBSET”)
    Unfortunately, when I use sFieldname = “recid_ro_internal”, I get a null result.

Dan Jinks
    Participant

I am trying a different approach to get the recid_ro_internal key. I have established an onmouse event function for the detailblock text controls and I can retrieve the detailblock row number. I thought I could then get to the associated record. The detailblock has functions getrowdata and setrowdata. The setrowdata returns a recordset but I do not see how to get from that information to the actual table record behind the clicked detailblock row.

Any suggestions?

Dan Jinks
    Participant

Hmmm.

dataform1control.getrecord()
    This looks promising.

Dan Jinks
    Participant

Success!
    {dataform1control.getrecord() was the key)

Dan Jinks
    Participant

I also know why I could not access recid_ro_internal from the Volatable.
    It seems that this function in db1util.sma:
    function copy_db1rec_to_db1rec(type(db1record) fr, type(db1record) tr, integer iErrnum)

intentionally does not copy the recid_ro_internal field.

Good to know.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

I’m sorry you had to track all that down on your own. I have now installed a notification extension so that I get emailed when a topic is posted.

As for vola1base, that is correct, it won’t copy the internal record id (it may well be creating one of its own actually – though I would have to check to be sure).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.