Skip to content

Superbase: Floating-point math error

Forums Forums SIMPOL Programming Superbase: Floating-point math error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Giancarlo Cavadini
    Participant

Suddenly, on a computer with Win7 32bit, Superbase can no longer boot.
    Windows generates the message “Floating-point math error” (see Annex).
    NTVDM.EXE terminates.
    Any idea about it?
    Thanks in advance.
    Giancarlo

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ian Macpherson
    Participant

hello I would suggest you send an email to the Superbase guru in England ne**@**mpol.com
    For info my machine was a Win 7 32 bit which I recently converted to Windows 10 Superbase runs perfectly so I reckon the problem might be elsewhere
    Neil Robinson should be able to help you but in my opinion you should try to consider converting your application to Simpol. It takes time I agree but is very worth while in the long run Best regards Ian Macpherson

Giancarlo Cavadini
    Participant

Thanks Ian, I wrote to Neil
    Giancarlo

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi Giancarlo,

Does this happen just by starting Superbase, or by running your program? I suspect that something else is wrong somewhere else though, since we have Superbase running fine on 32-bit Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (other than the ever-growing number of printer driver issues for newer printers). I had a situation where the MSI support in my Windows 7 was not working and there simply was no solution. I ended up reinstalling Windows 7 and everything I use and it was finally working again.

Ciao, Neil

Giancarlo Cavadini
    Participant

Hi Neil,
    Fixed: the problem happens when you start Superbase and is caused by the printer driver.
    In the specific case the driver is the one for HP Laser Jet 600 M602 M603 PCL6 but could also be any other recent driver.
    The fix is to change the default printer in the Windows Control Panel or find an older driver for the printer that creates the problem.
    Ciao.
    Giancarlo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.