Skip to content

Table Modify Bug

Forums Forums Superbase NG Personal Table Modify Bug

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JD Kromkowski
    Participant

In and with the use of MODIFY TABLE window: Part of this may be that I don’t quite understand the difference between “OK” and “Apply”. Version 1 of Bug. Test table had three fields. (So in record display you’d see Fields A,B,and C plus recid_ro_internal. I use modify table (F3) to get to modify table window. I add field (in my tests it is Number type). Then I choose “OK”. Table Mod window closes and I am back to record view. But the new field “TestNum” is now populated with the recid_ro_internal data! I can “select next or previous” through the data and every record has the the recid_ro_internal data is displayed in the TestNum field. And recid_ro_internal is blank. If I exit Personal and reopen (or if I just close the table and reopen it), then the data is displayed correctly. Version 2 of Bug. (Sort of a double Bug) I add field, but instead of “OK” I choose “Apply”. First problem is that both “OK” and “Apply” go gray. So it is impossible to tell if the addition of the field worked and then you can only “get out” if you click “Cancel” (See behaviour with display of recid_ro_internal in wrong place. OR you can “add” field in which case you can add field and the “Apply” and “OK” button are no longer grayed out. But still problem with display of data. You can also fix the “display” of the recid data in the correct place, if you reorganize. In sum: Problem 1. display issue Problem 2. what the heck is “apply” for and how should it work. There is obviously ambiguity in it’s purpose and a problem in its function. To me, I would think that they should both do the same thing (finalize i.e. save the change to the table) BUT that “Apply” shoud keep the modify table window open for further modifications while “OK” closes the modify table window and ends the table modification “routine”.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.