Skip to content

V1.61 Quick Reports bugs

Forums Forums Superbase NG Personal V1.61 Quick Reports bugs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steven Kang
    Participant

1. Clicking the “Distinct” checkbox causes Personal to crash and quit. 2. If you open a saved .sqr file which contains a filter with joined tables, the table joins appear in the Filter editable text box. However, opening the “Join Tables…” window does not display the table links in the Linking Tool window. If you close this window without re-creating the links and choose “No” in the “Save changes to the table links” dialog, all the links are removed from the filter expression, I.e. behaving as if “Save changes” option had been selected. 3. I don’t think reports will work if there are more than 2 tables linked e.g. Table1 joined to Table2 and Table2 joined to Table3. Not tested this very thoughly, so maybe I am doing something wrong. 4. In Superbase, opening a stored report automatically opens up the required tables. In Simpol you have to manually open the required tables before you can run a stored report. I think in an earlier version of Personal, the full file paths to the datasources got stored in the sqr file. In version 1.61 only the table names are stored. Steven

Michael
    Keymaster

On 03/08/2012 07:04, Steven Kang wrote:
    > 1. Clicking the "Distinct" checkbox causes Personal to crash and quit.

Ouchh!! I will have a quick look at this one.

> 2. If you open a saved .sqr file which contains a filter with joined tables, the table joins appear in the Filter editable text
    > box. However, opening the "Join Tables…" window does not display the table links in the Linking Tool window. If you close
    > this window without re-creating the links and choose "No" in the "Save changes to the table links" dialog, all the links are
    > removed from the filter expression, I.e. behaving as if "Save changes" option had been selected.

Thanks, I will have to check that one. Reading the links and rebuilding them may have a hitch somewhere.

> 3. I don't think reports will work if there are more than 2 tables linked e.g. Table1 joined to Table2 and Table2 joined to
    > Table3. Not tested this very thoughly, so maybe I am doing something wrong.

This area is a work-in-progress. There are some known issues with multi-table reports, particularly speed issues also.

> 4. In Superbase, opening a stored report automatically opens up the required tables. In Simpol you have to manually open the
    > required tables before you can run a stored report. I think in an earlier version of Personal, the full file paths to the
    > datasources got stored in the sqr file. In version 1.61 only the table names are stored.

Hmmm. The full paths should be getting stored. I certainly don't recall making that change. Will have a look, thanks!

Ciao, Neil

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.